15 July 2009

Da Blog, Reloaded

So, I've sacrificed my ideals and now there are advertisements on SkiSickness. I spent several days crying in a fetal position, but I'm finally over it. A new dream has been born: I'm going to become a dot-com millionaire!

With this dream, however unrealistic it may be, my motivation has returned. New trip reports should appear on the site every day or two for the foreseeable future, while I fill the backlog of trips from 2008-2009. These new trip reports will make the billions of people on this planet who care about wild, isolated, steep skiing visit $ki$ickne$$, click on the ads, and make me filthy rich so I can ski all the time and post more awesome skiing content!

Note how in this model, the chain of events is the following:

More SkiSickness content => more money => less need to work => more SkiSickness content.

This is a positive feedback loop! I had fallen into the trap of thinking like this:

More SkiSickness content => less time spent doing work that must be done => less time to ski => less reserves of experiences and photos to create SkiSickness content.

More posting, less skiing has been replaced with more posting, more skiing in SkiSickness 2.0. Now I can take over the world like The Brain!

Please use the open, anonymous comment feature available here to tell me how low I've sunk. Or how your cat's tongue feels like sandpaper. Just type something - there's plenty of room in the tube.

Recent addition:
Steep sickness on Mt Rainier's Edmunds Headwall

CIAO

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger SkiSickness said...

The first time I loaded the blog with the ad below the title/header, the ad featured a hotty with some serious cleavage. Maybe this is actually the best thing that's ever happened to this blog!?

6:44 PM  
Blogger John said...

If ads mean more updates then yes more please.

Keep skiing other peoples "ice routes"

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote:

...the ad featured a hotty with some serious cleavage. Maybe this is actually the best thing that's ever happened to this blog!

Doubtful.

12:23 PM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

In the interest of full disclosure, the hotty was with a horizontal ad, but I didn't like the way the horizontal ad worked with the overall layout. So for now, the vertical one will stay there.

But if others prefer horizontal ads that seem to include hotties at least some of the time, speak now or forever hold your peas! (sic)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessuzzz you've succumed to Bank ads? See what you're old age has done to you?!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

My old age has deprived me of neither my ability to spell succumb nor my judicious use of apostrophes.

It has just left me more acutely sensitive to my pathetic financial state.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home