29 November 2007

Absolute Zzero

Debate the weight.

In the neverending quest for the righteousness of the lightestness, I've acquired a stylish new pair of boots. The scales don't lie.


7.25 new


7.5 with only half the rubber left on the soles

They feel like shoes on my feet. It's going to be hard to stop myself from wearing them around town, but I want to save them for the slopes.


Once again, I feel pretty.

Coming soon through the powder near you me.

They're giving away a pair of these beauties on the Dynafit site (http://speedup.dynafit.us/). Maybe you could get lucky and escape being green with envy.

7 Comments:

Blogger cascadepoet said...

Lets throw up my tele boots from 99on there. I guarantee they're over 10 lbs...part of my quest to carry the most S*^%T. Ha. Ha.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Those ARE bright.

Well, at least if you ever have a major yard sale, say on Thermogenesis or something, we'll be able to locate your boots. What size are you BTW? ;)

Oh, and heal up!

Best,

Mike

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice and shiny! in other boot news the POS garmonts you've been telling me about decided to break at rainy pass prompting me to go to Return Everything Incorporated and get a new pair for free. i'm also nice and shiny! just not as bright.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sky - i'd really like to know how you like those boots. I thought they were pretty nice in terms of lightness yet skiability but I didn't get much touring time in them.

Lee Lau

3:19 PM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

MA: size 28.

zeedash: I've always obliterated Garmonts quickly. Had much better luck, durability-wise, with the uberlight (6 lb pair) Dynafit TLT4Pros I was rocking a few years ago. Hopefully that trend holds with the Zzeros.

Lee: My honest first impression, after one good tour, is that they tour much more comfortably than the Megarides in terms of ankle flex. They fit me really well. They also ski pretty damn stiff. I'll have more to say when I get more days on them.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you still ski or just talk about new gear on this blog?

9:44 AM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

My mommy told me not to talk to strangers. Who are you?

(I'm hard-pressed to upload pictures in situ.)

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home