13 June 2007

Ad Nauseam

Apologies to anybody that's beginning to feel like I'm a one-trick pony. This seems to be my redundant ritual:

  1. Post forecast, especially one that shows bad weekend weather either followed or preceded by perfect weekday weather.
  2. Ski a line on Rainier during said good weather.

Here is how I plan to make amends. I will repeat my ridiculous first step, just because the seven-day pictorial prognoses always seem so uncanny with their weekend weather woes. Here it is:

But this time, I'm not going to Mt Rainier. The North Cascades are calling. I could even handle a trip to BC. (Also, Sunday looks good enough for a foray with the weekend warriors.) Now who wants to go skiing?

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...Guess which days I have off in the next week. Hint: not the weekend.
The only question will be where to go, what to do.
Thankfully I am still alive after a close call. Yesterday as I drove to work, ruminating over my Monday outing which had ended in utter failure, a cloudless Rainier summit showed itself and I nearly drowned in a flash flood of self-pity.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We never finished that conversation! It'll have to wait until my return. Have fun out there.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lemme know if you're going to say hello to the Holden bitches ;)

But, I'd like to know what's up the sleeve for up north.

2:23 PM  
Blogger cascadepoet said...

Lawyers suck. Tax men suck. Auditors suck. Police suck. Politicians suck.

So do weatherman.

3:48 PM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

You forgot the bankers!

3:49 PM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

DC:
Nothing up my sleeve yet. I'm open to suggestions.

5:16 PM  
Blogger cascadepoet said...

Yeah, those guys suck too.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think someone has the "corporate blues".

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful trusting those folks that far out - the Rainier forecast for the early part of next week is slowly degrading. Still good, but no longer stellar :(. That said, I hope I don't miss anything at Monday meeting...

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The overall forecast has been downgraded substantially from those mostly sunny dayz Mon thru Wed.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. June's weather has sucked

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on vacation next week! Postponed it 1 more week beacuse of weather. I'll call you.

3:57 PM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

w00t!

They did can the forecast. Oh well.


"Waiting is the hardest part..."

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting for EVERYTHING in life is the hardest part!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home