14 May 2007

Thumbing through the lines

Unexpected success is always that much more sweet. While driving to Rainier on Saturday night, it was pouring, or as Christophe said, "Il pleut comme un vache qui pisse."

Here are a several shots from skiing Fuhrer Thumb yesterday...

skinning up the Wilson Glacier

Skiing from Point Success, we ran into some cool cats not too far down.

We had been talking about skiing the Fuhrer Thumb for a change of pace. The CO boys had similar plans. Great minds think alike?
Christophe cuts the Thumb:

The Thumb was a sweet line. Better than the Finger, since it's slightly steeper and more sustained. Past observations tell me that it goes kaput from rockfall really quickly, though, even quicker than the Finger.
Isn't this a great view?

Parting shot on the Wilson Glacier


Ed: A solid sub-11-hr showing from Christophe and Sky

8 Comments:

Blogger cascadepoet said...

Awesome, I've always thought that the thumb would be a great line. Way to get it done.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two thumbs up! Ha ha.
Hey, who's this Ed guy who timed your ascent, anyway?

11:24 AM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

Ed Viesturs is a big fan of my light-and-fast steeze.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Lefty said...

haha... very nice. Maybe one day I will ski something fun again...

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work. I'll second Lefty's comment....

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy shit, somebody talk me out of throwing myself at the FF tomorrow. Or talk me into it. Whatever. Just give me a prescription.

2:46 PM  
Blogger cascadepoet said...

-assworked

I prescribe skisickness.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the prescription is more cowbell.

looks ripper.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home