29 March 2007

Browser Compatibility

Amigos,

If any of you have time to peruse this new website that's taken embarrassing amounts of my time (link below), I'd appreciate heads-ups about any funny business. Hopefully it works well in all newish browsers. On a related note, IE really sucks, but I think I have that dialed.

Much more should follow. I want to do some really neat stuff with the new regional pages that will link from the main map at some point in the future. But that will have to wait. First, content.

I was going to rant about the pathetic excuses for weather forecasts that the meteorologists gave us earlier this week, but I think I'll go enjoy the sunny weather amidst the beautiful cherry blossoms of the quad. I have to work an experiment shift here at the lab tonight, so it's not like I coulda went big today anyway.

Buenas tardes y gracias,
Cielo

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm using Safari 2.0.4 (Mac) the pages, and mouseovers all seem to load and format correctly.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once the forecast was right. Suckage in dem hills

3:27 AM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

I appreciate the feedback.

Hannah suggested a new layout for the map that should allow anyone to see the captions regardless of res. Thanks dahling!

2:37 PM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

I'm finding that with the newest IE, the mouseover .png images work fine, but the older versions of IE don't work well with the mouseover. They can't seem to handle the transparency - the show white. If I change the logos to .gif files then the older IE works fine.

Is there anything I can do without changing them to .gif? The conversion makes the SkiSickness logo look more pixellated and that really pisses me off since I've spent to much time on it. PHIL CAN YOU HELP ME MACROSHAFTER?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

Transparent pngs don't work in older versions of IE. MACROSHAFT only got around to implementing it in the latest version. I don't know of a way around it, other than to detect the browser type, and use pngs or gifs accordingly.

you've been m1cr0sh@ft3d!

5:53 PM  
Blogger SkiSickness said...

How do you live with yourself? THAT'S NOT WHAT TEH INTERNUTS ARE ALL ABOUT!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home